Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Rick Santorum? Really?
Topic Started: Feb 8 2012, 08:54 AM (553 Views)
dumblonde
Member Avatar

:ROFL: Oh! This is delicious!
Offline Profile Quote Post Rules

towermonkey
Member Avatar

The R's just keep getting more and more stupid... I almost went and caucused but couldn't think of any of them I was actually for. Santorum would have been among the last choices.

dumblonde
Member Avatar

What is sad is that they actually had contenders that could have totally kicked Obamas ass, but they threw them under the bus early in the process. They'd rather scream their rage then enact their policies.

LadyJazzer
Member Avatar

Rick Santorum In 2008: Mainstream Protestantism Fell Out Of 'World Of Christianity'

As far as Rick Santorum is concerned, mainstream Protestantism "is gone from the world of Christianity." That's what he told students at Florida's Ave Maria University, founded by Domino's Pizza mogul Tom Monaghan, during a 2008 lecture.

Really? This nutbag wants to re-fight Martin Luther and the 1517 revolution?

Santorum says Obama looks down on disabled, encouraging more abortions

Rick Santorum accused President Obama of requiring free prenatal testing in the health care plan he signed in 2010 because it would detect if children were disabled, encourage more abortions and save money.

Really? This nutbag wants to suggest that "prenatal testing = abortion"?

Santorum says "States should have the right to outlaw birth control."....

Really? This nutbag is suggesting that government should be smaller, but he's okay with the government climbing into women's wombs with intra-vaginal sonograms, and birth-control prohibition?

Oh, god, PLEASE let this religious fanatic win the nomination....

dumblonde
Member Avatar

I really thought he wouldn't last this long. I'm stunned by the irrationality of the right.

towermonkey
Member Avatar

Mitt has a problem with the base - he hasn't fallen far enough off of the cliff. I am seeing signs that the economy will tank, planned event I believe, and that will propel the republican candidate into the job. I have started to hear some right wing pundits, who backed Santorum when he didn't stand a chance, find major faults with him suddenly. It is still Mitt who is chosen by the establishment as being a guy who knows who he'll work for. (not us)

dumblonde
Member Avatar

I just don't think the south will go for a Mormon. I expect a last minute draft of Jeb or Chris. BTW- good to see you again Tower. How's it going?

towermonkey
Member Avatar

On the mend. I've been sick since Thanksgiving and just got the surgery to fix it. Long story but it turned out to be something simple - a leftover from a very drunk night when I was a teenager. lol Heluva diet on the bright side.

The south with vote like it usually does. The black demographic will vote for Obama and the white vote will be split, but I really think that Mitt will peal off enough to win it if gas prices skyrocket and send the economy spiraling downward.

dumblonde
Member Avatar

I'm sorry you've been sick. That sucks. I'm glad you're better now though.

If Obama is smart politically he'll release oil from the strategic reserve.

towermonkey
Member Avatar

What happens when strategic reserves are "released"? Do they go out onto the world market? I don't think the oil companies will play along if Obama releases reserves. They'll have a technical issue at a refinery or some other such ruse to keep prices elevated. Just MHO, but I don't think the oil execs like Obama very much.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: