Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Coming HOME...For Good....
Topic Started: Jan 30 2012, 01:36 PM (558 Views)
LadyJazzer
Member Avatar

Well, after 6-1/2 years of managing projects in Colorado, New Mexico, Arkansas, Idaho, and Michigan, I've decided that NOW is the time to finally step away from it and come home and "retire"... (I put that in quotes, because I've already got a couple of irons in the fire when I get back...But NONE of them involve long-term assignments in other places, or even any travel at all!) I'm also old enough to take SS-retirement at OVER-100%, and whatever I make on the side won't have any effect on my benefits. And I'll have Medicare coverage, so no COBRA....

In short, for the first time in years I'm going HOME...and stay there...and enjoy what I've worked for all these years...

And my "silver parachute"--(not quite "golden", but good enough)--is going to pay off the balance of my mortgage, my car, and my few outstanding credit cards...And I'll be pretty much debt-free...

I'll go back to playing some gigs; doing some recording work; work a side-business (if things work out), and dang, it's going to feel good to look out my window and see the snow, the blue spruces and the aspens again!!!!

:dancingbanana: :guns: :cheers: :party: :nanafro: :partyhat: :skinana:
Offline Profile Quote Post Rules

dumblonde
Member Avatar

Congratulations! That must be a really good feeling. I'd hate living anywhere else.

Bigtoe
Member Avatar

I just peeked in here and saw this. Great news! Let us know where we can catch you playing.

LadyJazzer
Member Avatar

I'm already working on that... ::*: I've been contacting musicians and bands I've played with, and I've already gotten a couple of nibbles. So, hopefully it won't take long to get plugged back into the scene....

Science Chic
Member Avatar

Congrats LJ, that's awesome and I'm so happy for you!!!

LadyJazzer
Member Avatar

Thanks!

I left Detroit yesterday, and promptly ran into the snowstorm that just dump on Colorado about 200 miles east of Des Moines. So 4-1/2 hours of white-knuckle-driving and 35mph later, I made it to Des Moines and got a room--and a good night's sleep.

Will make it in the rest of the way today. I just hope they've plowed the roads good in my neighborhood!

But I plan to be sitting in front of my OWN FIREPLACE tonight... ;-)

dumblonde
Member Avatar

:cheers: Here's to snuggling up in front of your own fireplace! I'm glad your home in the most lovely spot on Earth!

DaisyLover

Did you make it??? How nice for you to finally come home! I'm so happy for you. How's that fireplace ;thumbsup: Hope you're enjoying the /****/

LadyJazzer
Member Avatar

YES!! I got home about a week ago, and am still unpacking! I hadn't realized how much duplicate stuff (mostly for the kitchen and bathrooms) that I had acquired while living on-the-road full-time for the last 6-1/2 years... I'm doing stuff like pouring bottles of 409 and Windex into others so I can throw stuff away. And I won't have to buy canned goods or dry goods for 2 years.. ;-)

But I'm LOVING just being home. After the disaster last year with the broken pipes and all the water-damage that happened to my downstairs, the house has been totally refurbished on the inside, and I went ahead and had them re-carpet the whole thing while they were at it; and I've replaced all the old electric baseboard heaters with the newer Energy-Star kind, and installed programmable thermostats, which should help with the IREA bills... So, it's like coming home to a new house...

The snow is wonderful, and outside if having to clear out my driveway when I first arrived, it's been esthetically beautiful without being a pain... :laugh:

Now all I have to do is fly back to Little Rock and load up the rest of my stuff there and bring it back. (That had to be left behind when they sent me to Detroit on short notice and on temporary-assignment.) So, by the end of February, I'm going to be all settled in...

Thanks for asking... I couldn't be happier at this point... :dancingbanana:

DaisyLover

WOW - I didn't know about the frozen pipes - what a mess! I'm so glad that you're back home - we've missed you! :dance: :party:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: